For a lot of people this may not sound good, but the reality is: Everything that happens in your life, bad and good, it’s because of you….Yeah sounds hard, and mean but it’s a reality. And this it’s what I want to talk about in this post, it’s more a motivational post than anything. Most of those things I learned, not only as an athlete but as human as well.
1) Best thing you can do it’s take responsibility, once you do that your life will change 180 degrees (always 180 and not 360, cause 360 you will end up in the same place). Let’s face it, we are our own worst enemy for everything in life. Nobody is here with a mission to make your life miserable, everyone it’s facing their own battle. So take charge of your own life!
2) Get a calender and on today’s date write: The change, set up a plan and follow no matter what. Rain, shine, cold or hot follow your plan. That doesn’t mean you should go out training like a maniac, cause this way you won’t perform the way you want, so you won’t feel good. Be smart, set up a plan that is possible and follow with no excuses. Remember easy training days are easy for a reason. So go easy when you need and hard when you need.
3) Make a commitment with yourself, and honestly, before you react the old way stop and think, is that what I really want? Don’t let your subconscious guide you. For example, have you ever drove somewhere, and it’s so automatic that you don’t even know how you end up there? That is when your subconscious it’s in charge. So in order to change you will need to think (be aware) before you react. It will feel uncomfortable at first but once you do feel and see the changes you will feel really good.
4) Every action has a reaction (3rd law of newton). For me there is good choices and bad choices (not a matter of right or wrong). So good choices will lead you to your goal, bad choices will distance you for your goal. For example, you want to lose weight, and you got hungry and did not plan ahead your food (bad choice), and instead you will go to a place to eat and choose the least of the evils another bad choice that will distance you from your goal. Instead, let’s say you didn’t plan ahead and got hungry, instead of reacting the old way and choosing the least of the evils ( witch it’s a bad excuse, cause bad it’s bad there is no more or less evil) you can go and buy a fruit, to get thru your hunger and plan better next. We live in a world that we make choices all the time and fortunate enough we can always, I mean always have a good choice, you can buy a banana in any 7-11 at any time!!! So honestly there is no excuse! And yes, living of fruit for a few hours of the day won’t kill you or let you depleted, in fact we can go 40 days we just water before your body start eating itself.
5) Make a schedule. There is plenty time on the day to fit all in, trust me! If you make a schedule, and that includes adding recovery time, you will see how much time left you will have. For example, have you notice how much time you loose in front of the TV, or internet looking for useless stuff? Plus most of this useless stuff will make you in a bad mood, bad vibe and negative, so instead of turning on the TV, get a workout in, get family time, cook a healthy meal, sleep earlier, play with the dogs, kids time etc…If you like TV set up a time to watch the shows you want. My personal opinion is that TV is worthless, most news are distorted from the reality, but it does have some funny shows. So if you want set up the time, and turn off when the show end…stick to the plan. No excuse!
6) Be honest with yourself. Set up the goals from your heart, be honest with your goals but make sure they are for you! You don’t need to prove anything for anyone, you only need to prove to YOURSELF, nothing else!
7) Stay in the moment. Honestly let go your pass, and don’t worry about the future, do what you can and have to do now. Let’s be honest, life it’s now, you don’t even know if you will be alive tomorrow! So what are you waiting for?
Like I post on my facebook page yesterday, “life it’s just a ride, and you have to cross the finish line like: It was an awesome freaking ride! If you can’t say that now, rethink your choices and your attitude”. Start now, no excuse. If you do that you will FEEL GOOD!